The world's greatest delta
- The Okavango Delta- This famous wilderness is a true haven, its waterways and game viewing are extraordinary. Jump on a Mokoro or enjoy a Helicopter flip for a unique perspective
- Chobe- Famous for some of the best Elephant and Lion interactions on the planet and the best of river and savannah game viewing.
- Savuti- Off the beaten track and somewhat of a hidden gem. Savuti is raw, unadulterated and perfect for the adventurous explorer.
- Central Kalahari- This massive desert landscape is home to the 2nd largest dunes in the world along with desert-adapted Lions and Elephants. Home to the San Bushman, this park is rich in history and unique beauty.
The Kalahari is a semi arid, sandy savannah full of beautiful and diverse wildlife. It extends across 3 countries (South Africa, Namibia and Botswana) and covers 900 000 square kilometres. The Kalahari is home to the San, an indigenous people that have lived there for more than 20 000 years – a cultural tour is a must when visiting. The San are some of the world’s finest trackers and have a deep and intimate knowledge of nature and herbalism. The Kalahari is another Big 5 eden and is famous for it’s large Black Maned Lions, but perhaps even more famous in the Kalahari are the Little 5 and the more unique inhabitants like aardvark and caracal. The Kalahari is a photographic elysium that has magical sunsets and star littered nights. It’s home to some beautiful lodges like Tswalu (South Africa) and Kalahari Plains (Botswana) where activities like horse back safaris and sleep outs can be enjoyed throughout the year.
The Okavango Delta & Surrounding Parks
Botswana is situated in central Southern Africa. It’s almost 1000m above sea level and is famous for its eco-focused, low impact approach to tourism. Botswana is made up of multiple wildlife concessions and parks. The most famous being Chobe, Savuti, Linyati, Selinda and its jewel, the Okavango Delta. The Delta is a seasonal Wetland surrounded by desert and is made up of approximately 15000 channels, islands and lagoons, It receives its water from neighbouring country, Angola which is almost 1000km away. The flat topography of the Delta means the landscape is always changing. It is a birding mecca and is famous for its diverse and plentiful large and small game, along with some of the highest predator densities on the planet. When in the Botswana adventuring along the river, on a Mokoro (a dug out canoe) or by Helicopter are highly recommended for unique sighting and viewing opportunities. Botswana is also home to abundant Elephant and Buffalo herds made famous by Chobe. It is home to elephant hunting lions and places like Savuti are famous for their lion and spotted hyena sightings. With a host of intimate, luxurious and highly personalised camps to choose from, Botswana is a masterpiece of nature and safari travel, it is an absolute essential ingredient when visiting Africa.
follow our footprints
• We curate luxury Africa travel
• Connect with us to plan your getaway
• Bush, Beach & Beyond
• 0% Agent Fees
• 📧: firstname.lastname@example.org